GRI Standards sustainability reporting
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards are the world’s most recognized and widely used sustainability reporting standard. The Governance Group is Norway’s only GRI Certified training partner and provides comprehensive sustainability reporting training in the understanding and application of the GRI Standards. Course participants who complete the course are certified by the GRI head office in The Netherlands.
At the completion of the course, participants will:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the GRI Standards and how to apply them in practice
- Be able to implement a sustainability reporting process in their own organization
- Be able to prepare a sustainability report in accordance with the GRI Standards
- Introduction to the GRI Standards
- Preparing to report – what needs to be done before starting a sustainability reporting process
- Stakeholder engagement – how to identify and interact with stakeholders to identify relevant topics for reporting
- Materiality – how to assess and prioritize material topics for reporting
- Metrics and disclosures – understanding generic (organizational) and specific (material topics) disclosures required by the GRI Standards
- Targets – setting and communicating effective targets
- Communication – producing compelling and engaging reporting that meets the reports audience needs and expectations
- Sector specific approaches – how to meet sector specific requirements i.e. for various industries
- GRI Standards – how to ensure compliance with the GRI Standards.
- The course is highly interactive with the aim of generating effective learning and practical outcomes.
- The course includes lectures, guest speakers (existing GRI reporters and subject matter experts), group activities and report reviews
- Participants generate considerable cross-learning and work on real-world reporting problems
- At the end of the course, participants will have constructed a work plan for their own organization’s next report
- Each course is specifically tailored to the participants’ relevant sector and interest areas
Houston: 27 & 28 April 2022. Register here
Oslo: 11 & 12 May 2022. Register here
Duration: 09:00 – 17:00
Houston: 1250 USD
Norway: 14 500 NOK
About the course instructor
The course is lead by Calum Revfem – an internationally recognized reporting expert and experienced training facilitator. Calum has been a GRI certified trainer since 2010.